The Azalea Festival Parade continues to be one of Southeastern North Carolina’s largest annual event, with over 100,000 viewers each year. Our traditional parade route flows right through the heart of Historic downtown Wilmington. Floats, marching units and bands, clowns and horses, all highlighted by visiting celebrities, Queen Azalea and her court, and the Azalea Festival Princess await you!
We have included a simple guide on how to create your own Parade Float from two types of trailers. Click here to download and print pdf guide. ***Please note, float design expenses and decorations will be at the expense of the participant. No funding to create your own float is available through the North Carolina Azalea Festival.
The 70th North Carolina Azalea Festival Parade will be held Saturday, April 8th and will follow the historic one-mile long Parade route up 3rd Street in historic downtown Wilmington. It is important that we put on an entertaining and engaging show for both attendees and television viewers alike. To that end, we ask that you submit and decorate your unit accordingly and not only positively represent your group, but represent the pride and joy that flows from participating in one of our oldest community events.
- October 1st – November 15: Early registration discount applies: All paying groups except official 501C-3 Nonprofits paying $25 fee shall receive an early bird discount of $50.00 and all individuals shall receive a discount of $25.00.
- November 16 – March 1: Normal pricing will apply on payment.
- March 1st Registration Closes.
- March 2nd to March 15th: Late Fee of $75.00 late fee will apply to all paying units from.
- Any Unpaid applications after March 15 will be subject to cancellation.
Parade Schedule of Events
9:00 AM MGC Parade Mile
9:30 AM National Anthem at City Hall & Flyover by the Bandit Flight Team Presented by Wilmington International Airport (ILM)
9:32 AM Ribbon Cutting at Market and 3rd Street
9:38 AM Parade Step Off
11:30 AM Parade End
Meet the Pilots of the Bandit Flight Team in the Geico Lounge at the North Carolina Azalea Festival Street Fair Presented By Wells Fargo! The Pilot Meet & Greet will be held on Saturday, April 8th from 12-1PM.
While the Parade is FREE for everyone to attend, we offer Parade Bleacher Tickets for spectators. Parade Bleacher Tickets are on SALE at the Azalea Festival Ticket Office located at 5725 Oleander Drive Unit B7.