In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here are FIVE reasons why we love to celebrate the
North Carolina Azalea Festival Parade!
1. We’ve been doing Parades since 1948. That’s 68 Parades we’ve had to practice on, so you know the 2016 Parade is going to be INCREDIBLE.
2. Though rain occasionally causes marching bands and our beautiful Cape Fear Garden Club Azalea Belles to drop out of the Parade, those who do stay around and travel down the route for Wilmington take it like a champ!
3. We take the phrase “think outside the box” to the max. And by that we mean 30-foot inflatables traveling down 3rd Street. The new 2015 Parade route allowed us to invite our friends, Kermit and Elmo. Hi-ho, Kermit the Frog here!
4. Somehow “Clown Golf Cart” just doesn’t have the same ring to it as “Clown Car”….but we’ll take it.
5. Our Parade is truly a community effort. The Parade is brought to you by Neuwirth Motors—who not only help provide funding for the Parade, but also provide almost 50 vehicles to pull all of the floats and transport our celebrities and dignitaries down the route.