Historic Home Tour
April 8 - April 9
The North Carolina Azalea Festival Home Tour is an annual event held by the Historic Wilmington Foundation. Proceeds from the Home Tour will advance the Historic Wilmington Foundation’s efforts to protect and preserve the irreplaceable historic resources of Wilmington and the Lower Cape Fear region. Since 1966, the foundation has successfully saved more than 200 historic properties from demolition. For more information on the Historic Wilmington Foundation, please click here.
Cross the threshold into a very special part of Wilmington…the Azalea Festival Home Tour. Nine beautiful homes and one historic church will welcome visitor April 8 & 9. Reaching as far back as 1840, these historic homes will be open for you to explore. As part of Wilmington’s Azalea Festival, the self-guided Home Tour will take place April 8, 1-6pm and April 9, 1-5pm. From cottage to mansion, this Tour is not to be missed!
A ribbon cutting ceremony will kick-off the Tour on Saturday, April 8, 12:30PM, at the grand David Reid Murchison House, 305 South Third Street. Join City and County Dignitaries and the Cape Fear Garden Club Azalea Belles as we cut the ribbon, tour the home and enjoy free ice cream provided by Dairy Queen.
Tickets are good for the entire weekend. Tour goers can attend either or both days, and can start and end at any point along the route. Docents at each location will share a bit of the home’s history and features.
- David Reid Murchison House (305 South 3rd Street)
- Fifth Avenue United Methodist Church (409 South 5th Avenue)
- Richard Price House (125 South 5th Avenue)
- Martin-Crouch House (520 Dock Street)
- Annie Winstead House (415 Dock Street)
- Fishblate House (318 South Front Street)
- William Eckel House (701 Chestnut Street)
- Carl W. Polvogot Row House (216 McRae Street)
- Wehrhahn House (516 North 7th Street)
- Robert R. Christie House (1211 Rankin Street)
Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 starting Saturday, April 8th – Sunday, April 9th. Tickets are available at the North Carolina Azalea Festival Office and at the following locations:
- HWF offices (2011 Market Street – inside the Wilmington National Cemetery gates. Tickets are available at this location through April 7th only)
- All area Harris Teeter stores
- Fisherman’s Wife (1425 Airlie Road)
- The Ivy Cottage (3020 Market Street)
- The Transplanted Garden (502 S. 16th Street)
- Occasions…Just Wright (313 N. Front Street, in the Cotton Exchange)
- A Proper Garden (2 Ann Street, #5)
- Wake N Bake Doughnut Shops (2 locations – 114 Princess Street & 1401 N. Lake Blvd, Suite 46, Carolina Beach)
- Momentum Companies (103 S. Front)
- Wild by nature (411 N. Howe Street, Southport)
- Southport Chamber of Commerce (4433 Long Beach Road, Southport)
Tickets will also be available during the Azalea Festival weekend for $35 at each location. Cash only except for the David Reid Murchison House at 305 S. Third street, where we will also be taking credit cards.