MGC Parade Mile
April 6 @ 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Local law firm McAngus Goudelock & Courie partnered with Go Time and the North Carolina Azalea Festival to put on a one-of-a-kind road mile race that took place ahead of the North Carolina Azalea Festival Parade. The course was an out and back through a portion of the parade route on 3rd street starting and finishing in front of the Parade Reviewing Stand of the North Carolina Azalea Festival Parade.
MGC selects a different charity for the race to benefit each year, and proceeds from the 2018 race benefited The Harrelson Center.
The mission of the Jo Ann Carter Harrelson Center is to provide a humanitarian services campus of nonprofit organizations that offer hope, opportunity, and empowerment. The Harrelson Center supports its 12 on-campus nonprofit partners through:
• Reduced downtown office rent
• Paid utilities, parking & security
• Collaboration with other nonprofits
• Networking & educational opportunities
• Marketing & promotion of each organization
• Use of event and meeting space
• Volunteer recruitment services
• Priority referral to the Help Hub, our program that provides assistance to those in need
• And much more
The campus provides a welcoming, collaborative, and spiritual environment, robust with idea sharing and opportunities for synergy and powerful service delivery, where people can easily navigate resources, referrals, and direct services that impact lives.
From competitive runners to families looking for a little pre-parade fun, the MGC Parade Mile has something to offer everyone. Lace up your sneakers and put on your sharpest seer sucker suit or prettiest spring dress and join us downtown for a good cause.