The North Carolina Azalea Festival is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
Here is a quick snapshot of who we are:
- We're locally-grown; in 1948 Wilmington citizens and various community groups came together to create the first Azalea Festival.
- Our mission is to stimulate the economy and promote volunteerism.
- We help create an estimated $51 million dollars annually in economic stimulus.
- We have over 1,000 volunteers who help plan, manage, and orchestrate around 20 Azalea Festival events each year.
- Many big names have joined us at the Azalea Festival: President Ronald Reagan, Frank Sinatra, Carried Underwood, Duran Duran, Snoop Dogg, Kelly Ripa, Phylicia Rashad, Michael Jordan...just to name a few!
- We have something for everyone and want you to join us! Whether you like fancy galas or funnel cakes...(or both!)...we are confident you can find something to enjoy about the Azalea Festival. Check out our full listing of events!